Another monsoon season is on its way. While the monsoons have already knocked the door of Southern India, they will reach North by end of June. According to the meteorological department Monsoons will hit Chandigarh region by June 29. With rains, roads become unsafe, we offer a Monsoon checklist to prepare your vehicles for upcoming Monsoons and keep you safer on the roads.
Here are a list of things you can do to make your journeys safer in the Monsoons:
- Wind shield wipers and washing fluid: This is one of the first and most obvious things to check. Make sure your Wipers blades have not become hard and are not worn out. Keep a bottle of Wind Shield wash solution in your car. The fluid will help clear the dirt and save your wind shield from scratches. You can shop Wiper Blades Online on our website.
- Tyres and Brakes: Tyres and Brakes are cannot be overlooked. Make sure you have enough tread depth to give you solid traction in the wet conditions. Replace any damaged or worn out tyres. Check your vehicle’s brake linings, replace if worn out. Top up brake fluid if less. For more detailed Monsoon preparation read our Monsoon Tyre Checklist.
- Rubber Linings on Doors: Clean debris around the seals. Check the rubber linings on the doors for wear and tears, replace if required. It will prevent water getting into your car during heavy rains.
- Lights: Headlights are important to show you way, always use low beam during the rains. Your tail lights and brake lights play a crucial role in warning the drivers following you. Make sure all lights are working. If you have Fog lights test them, if don’t, consider having a set installed. Also keep a set of spare bulbs in the car for emergencies.
- Battery and Electricals: Get your battery tested. Due to extended load during monsoons, batteries often are first to run out. You can have the battery tested for load capacity. United Auto Centre offers free Battery Check-up. Put some petroleum jelly or anti-corrosion spray on battery terminals to prevent corrosion. Check wiring for any loose connections and make sure all wires are insulated. A short circuit is common cause of breakdown in rainy season.
- Air Conditioning: Air conditioning plays an important role in rainy season. Not only does the air conditioner provide relief from hot and humid conditions, it is used to improve the visibility when the wind shield is fogged out.
- Vehicle Exterior: Last but not least, get your car polished. The polish will protect the paint of your car and stop water and dirt from sticking on to the surface.
It is best to get your vehicle checked and be ready for the monsoons. These small checks can save you a lot of time in maintenance and repair later.